We did a lot of fence-sitting looking at how they performed on Brian’s farm then decided to have a go last year. We sowed dry and into moist soil and we got uniform germination across the workings.
I would say the plants were more vigorous and healthier-looking and even though we copped a frost in September we finished with a 1.7t/ha average which in a tough year was excellent.
We sowed about 2400ha (6000ac) working around 8.5km/h to 9km/h in light white sand to heavy grey clays and loams and the system handled it all.
And we didn’t have any trash problems, which I think also is due to the C-shank tines we used.
ABC Rural NewsOops, it looks like you've entered an invalid feed address!